Thanks Mar, Cynthia and Courtney for another fun topic this week for the Friday Five Linkup. It is no surprise that we love to dress up for races at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Since the topic of the week is Halloween, we are sharing our top 5 costumes for runDisney races in no particular order!
1. The Jingle Jungle 5k during Wine and Dine last year was one of our favorite short distance races. It is a holiday themed race, and we enjoyed dressing up as Mickey elves!
2. We dressed up as Tweedle Mom and Tweedle daughter during the Disneyland half marathon in 2013. This was part of the Dumbo Challenge and we had a blast making and wearing these costumes.
3. Piglet and Tigger were the costume choices for the Walt Disney World 5k race last January. This was the only race where I have worn a tutu for the entire race and I would probably only put up with one for a short distance like a 5k.
4. Our first Wine and Dine race, in 2012, we dressed up as Minnie and had shirts printed with "Run 13.1 now, Wine later!"
5. Last of all, our outfits for Princess Half Marathon in 2012. Dressed as the Rabbit and Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, we enjoyed wearing costumes since ladies seem to go all out for this race with tutus, tiaras and such. We are not the princessy type, so we choose Disney characters instead. The back of Christine's shirt had a sign, "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date with my medal!
Putting a little pizazz into your race by dressing in costume can add a nice element of fun. We usually are not trying for spectacular times at the Disney events, but even when we are trying to do well, our costumes are usually runner friendly. Continuing with the Halloween theme, here are a couple Disney Halloween costumes that I sewed for Christine when she was young! Time for a little embarrassment and yes, there will be payback!
|Alice in Wonderland|
|Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty|
How are you celebrating Halloween? Are you dressing up?