1. Race Expo: We love a good 'ol race expo and we're very curious to see if there are any differences between a state-side expo and one in Europe. This expo is a two day event on both Saturday and Sunday, 2-3 August. It's being held at the RDS (Royal Dublin Society) in the Serpentine Hall. Your waivers are being sent out today so check for these in your email. This plus a photo ID is required to pick up your packet at the expo. One thing to note about the race expo, if you need to change corrals, plan to hit up the Corral Change table at the expo to talk about your options.
2. Race Course: This year, the half marathon course is different and features some new city attractions like Ha'penny Bridge and the Royal Hospital. It also includes big name spots like Christ Church Cathedral, the Guinness Factory and Kilmainhman Goal (the old jail). The Fun Run winds through Phoenix Park which will certainly be scenic. Interesting factoid - Phoenix Park has a perimeter wall which has existed since the mid-seventeenth century and to this day, is one of the only walled parks in Europe.
3. Entertainment: The Frank and Walters will be playing the finish line festival and there will be bands at every mile on the half marathon race course to keep you moving and grooving!
4. The medals are awesome!!
|Photo from Rock 'n' Roll Dublin Facebook page|
6. Course support: All major races should have course support in terms of hydration and fuel and Rock 'n' Roll races don't disappoint. The Rock 'n' Roll Dublin half marathon course is equipped with water and blue and orange PowerAde without caffeine. I have yet to participate in a race with two kinds of electrolyte beverage, so this will be a first! For fuel, there are PowerBar gels provided in the following flavors: Mango Passion fruit with Guarana and Hydro Orange.
7. Still want to register? Registration is still open until this Sunday, July 27th. If you're interested in a discount on the Fun Run, use code NOVAROCKS to get 5 Euros off until Sunday.
As Rock 'n' Bloggers, we have each been provided with a free race entry into the Rock 'n' Roll Dublin Half Marathon. We are encouraged to support the race through social media and our blog, but are not required to do so nor are we compensated for this post. All opinions are our own.
Any tips for my first European race?