1. Strengthen my core My core is the weakest part of my body. My goal is to start strength training with a coach in May, with the hope of this improving not only my running but my overall fitness. Last year I participated in a strength challenge during the month of August and it really helped tone my middle!
2. Run a really strong 10k My race calendar has been set with big races until April of next year, but I do not have a 10k on the schedule. My time is not that great and I really want to have a PR in that distance!
3. Become a better swimmer I have no goal to become a triathlete, but swimming is something I enjoy. I would like to learn to do a proper flip turn and to be able to swim for at least 45 minutes without dying. Advice anyone?
4. Improve flexibility with stretching: Despite leaving my foam roller and Yoga mat next to my chair, they are not used near enough. Starting today, I will attempt to spend at least 10-15 minutes every day using these items to keep flexible and injury free for running!
5. Plank for 2 minutes without a break This will be the easiest item on my list of fitness goals, because I try to do a plank at least 3 times a week. However, over the last few months, I have slacked and it definitely shows in the amount of time I can hang on. Hopefully by June I will reach this goal!
What's on your fitness goal list?